|If you love Nutella and you know it clap your hands|
|You can see the Nutella gooeyness in this cookie slice|
This is my failed attempt to freeze Nutella
it just melted quickly and was on both sides
of the saran wrap that is a no, no!
|Ingredients minus the Vanilla Extract|
|Ingredients with the Vanilla extract|
|I really like the Pure Vanilla extract from McCormick|
there is a difference.
- 13 oz jar Nutella (that has been divided into teaspoon amount, frozen, and put onto parchment lined cookie sheets in the freezer for 20 minutes).
- 2.25 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (I used baking powder instead of baking soda)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks of butter softened (I used with salt so if you use with salt do not add the teaspoon of salt)
- 0.75 cups of granulated sugar
- 0.75 cups of packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 bags of Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together: flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium sized batter bowl. Put aside.
- Cut up room temperature butter into small pats of butter and place in the mixing bowl. Using the flat blade attachment in mixer cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together.
- Add the vanilla and then beat the egg mixture with a fork to break up the egg.
- Alternate between adding in one eggs to the mixture of creamed butter/vanilla/brown sugar/sugar and adding in the dry ingredients. Make sure in between the additions to beat the mixture well.
- Run until the dough is mixed thoroughly.
- Stir in the chocolate chips into the mixture. Make sure that the stand mixer has the chips through out the mixture by taking using a flat spatula to scrap down the sides.
Tips: If the mixture is uneven: fold the mixture by hand if necessary to mix the bottom part of the dough with the top layer. If you find it necessary run the mixer again.
- Add a thin layer of cookie dough to the pan. Not going all the way to the the side
- Add the Nutella frozen "chips" to the cookie.
- Cover the Nutella Chips with cookie dough. Do not go all the way to the end. This cookie is going to be thicker than the cookies I normal bake. Normally one chocolate chip cookie recipe yields two Giant cookies.
- This cookie yielded one Giant Cookie and one large cookie.
- I had some extra Nutella left so I swirled some Nutella onto the Giant Cookie.
- You know when it is done with there is a nice golden color to the cookie.The Large cookie was in the oven for around 10-15 minutes to bake and the Giant cookie took 20-23 minutes to bake.
- Then you cut it up in pie wedges or you could cut them like cookie bars. I like the pie shape if you are going to have a plated dessert with maybe french vanilla ice cream. But if you are having a casual get together cutting them in brownies squares really show off the gooeyness of the cookie.