I have the recipe(s) for making whoopie(s)...

Thursday, November 28, 2013

I Wish I Found this Website Three Weeks Ago!

 

  In honor of Thanksgiving I would like to sing the praise of a great website that my friend told me about Ugly Sofa. Sure it was too late before I invested $350 on Roman Shades. I got two Pottery Barn Roman Shades for $29.56 after using a web code I saved $4.00. They are similar to the shade that I wanted from Pottery Barn that cost $249 each! Except the ones on the site are 63 inches long vs the Pottery Barn ones that are 64 inches long. Since that is still long enough for my windows I don't mind the one inch difference! I would mind it on a pair of pants since I am tall but not for my window shade!



 I have not received the items yet but so far this seems to be a great deal and they were on clearance on the website. They apparently buy unsold/slightly irregular/or already monogrammed items from Brands like Pottery Barn, Land of Nod, Pottery Barn Teens/kids that might be slightly irregular I am guessing. Then they X out the names of the shades. But for under $30 for two roman shades if it does not work out I will not feel so guilty if I have to donate the Roman Shades. However I hope that the Shades work out because I really need some Roman Shades and soon!

 They allow returns but it is very narrow here is the policy: 


Shipping & Returns


Shipping
We can ship to virtually any address in the US and Canada. We charge actual shipping costs within the US and Canada. Please allow 2 business days for processing normal orders. UglySak Bean Bags, Ugly-Where Chairs, Idea Desks and Loungers can take a little longer for processing. Allow 5-7 business days for ground shipping.
 All shipments are automatically insured with the carrier.
During the holidays, shipping is slower due to the demand for our products. Our holiday rush began in Mid-October this year. We guarantee any order (within the US) through December 15th to arrive before Christmas.

Returns Policy
Returns must be postmarked within 72 hours of the original shipping arrival date and should be sent prepaid. We will not accept CODs. All merchandise returned must be unused and in perfect condition. Packing slips are required for all returns. Indicate on the back of your return form the reason of your return so we can serve you better in the future. We recommend you to send the package back to us via traceable carrier and to insure the full amount of the merchandise you are sending back to us. We are not responsible for missing packages.
Returns are processed within 14 days after we receive the merchandise. You will receive a confirmation by email when your returns are processed. We will not be able to process your return without having your original order back to us. We will offer a credit for the original purchase for the purchase price of the merchandise, excluding actual shipping cost. You can use this credit to purchase other items in our store. Shipping costs will only be refunded when the return is a result of our error. We have the right to deny credits if the merchandise returned does not meet our return policy requirements. If you have any question regarding return/exchange, please email us Monday – Friday (except holidays) between 10AM – 6 PM PST.


 Etsy and EBay are another good resource before purchasing from websites but I did not find any right ones that could be shipped out in a limited time frame. However it is funny because we still have to retouch the paint so we cannot put up the shades yet. It is going to be even more delayed because Jonathan works all weekend/then goes away until Thursday. So Hoping that these shades come quickly! I got a discount of 15% off the Shades Store and it would have cost $800+ for two basic custom Roman Shades. Compared to The Shades Store, Pottery Barn does not seem so bad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment